The seed of revolution has been planted in the business sector. Sustainable practices are taking root. Green businesses are thriving. Entrepreneurs like you are cultivating innovative solutions to support a more sustainable tomorrow.
Seize your destiny today with the entrepreneurship concentration. At the Patel College of Global Sustainability you’ll find the resources and expertise to bring your business dreams to life. Join the Patel College and lead the green business revolution.
You can learn more about our entrepreneurship internships available by clicking on the internship projects below:
All students in the M.A. program in Global Sustainability must complete the core requirements (18 credits), at least one concentration (6 credits), and two elective courses (6 credits).
Core course for this concentration are offered fully online, fully on-campus, or in a combination. Entrepreneur concentration course are currently only offered on-campus.
The M.A. in Global Sustainability concentration in Entrepreneurship (6 credit hours) provides students with a comprehensive understanding of concepts, tools, and skills of sustainability and green technology. Focus areas include green technology, development, transportation, energy, and sustainable enterprise.
Required Courses (6 credit hours):
ENT 6116 – Business Plan Development (3)
The first part of the course focuses on developing the effective written and oral communication skills students will need in preparing and presenting their business plans to investors. The second part of the course is focused on how to develop an effective business plan. Student teams will develop a business plan for either an opportunity developed by students or one by an entrepreneur in the local community. Business plans developed by student teams will be presented before a panel of local entrepreneurs for evaluation and critique in a business plan competition format.
ENT 6186 – Strategic Market Assessment for New Technologies (3)
In concert with the nationally-recognized USF Center for Entrepreneurship, this program will teach students the applicable entrepreneurial skills they need to solve problems related to sustainability. Additionally, students will learn the fundamentals of intellectual property, new venture formation, legal structure, strategic market assessment for new technologies, venture capital, and private equity for sustainable enterprises.
Together, these skills will develop the future leaders of sustainable business and enable graduates to solve complex problems related to sustainability.
On successful completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Apply the basic tools, concepts and entrepreneurial skills in a problem solving context related to sustainability
- Understand the principles of intellectual property, examine strategies for protection of new sustainability technologies, and exploit the legal structure to protect the developed sustainable technologies
- Utilize leadership skills in solving sustainable related complex problems and creating new business opportunities out of them
- Gain a practical understanding of the financial considerations of valuing and funding new enterprises
- Market new sustainable innovations and competitive technology tools towards the development of green economy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the principles and fundamentals of intellectual property, new venture formation, strategic market assessment for new technologies, and venture capital and private equity
For more information about this concentration, please contact PCGS Admissions Specialist,